Monday 29 April 2013

The Indie Ebook Review Site is opening its doors



Over the past few weeks I’ve been having a think and it centers on the name of the blog. The Indie Ebook Review Site seems to suggest that all genres are accepted for submission. I wish I could do that. But to be frank submitting a romance book would just not be fair on you - I don't like them and they would likely get a review that would show that opinion. Yet the name doesn't suggest that I only review Science fiction, fantasy, horror, paranormal and supernatural. Either the name has to change, or I have to find a way to expand the genres reviewed on this site.

Also as regular readers will know I suffered from a serious illness from the beginning of December and it has only been in the last couple of weeks I feel like myself again. During this time my production rate for reviews has been poor (I'll be honest there) and I haven't been able to source large amounts of guest authors. Also because now I have a published book out, my time has to be divided more and more with promotional activities and writing the next one.

At the same time I want to continue to produce excellent content and support other indie authors through this blog. That is why I have decided in trying to recruit additional reviewers to help me deliver this. I will be upfront, this is not a paid role, it is purely for the love of reading anyone should do this (and for some of the promotional benefits I am allowing).

If you are interested in this, please have a look at the role details below

The Role Responsibilities:

·         To review one book a month in The Indie Ebook Review Site’s standard format.
·         To liaise with authors over their review submissions
·         Not to promote yourself on the blog except in authorised blog posts.

Role Benefits:

·         Staff bio on blog with links
·         Allowed to post 2 guest posts per month on any publishing topic. Guest posts can include bio and links
·         Inclusion in the weekly news updates for staff (to include all blog posts produced by staff on their own blogs / other blogs, any news, etc)

I hope that some of you will consider this. If you feel you could do this then please send me an e-mail with the following details:

·         Name
·         Genres you like to read
·         Blogging experience (please note blogging experience not necessary)

Then I will send a short written interview to get to know you better and make sure that your style will fit in with the blog.

I hope that some of you will be interested in this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The Indie Ebook Review Site

Hello and welcome to the Indie Ebook Review Site.

Please take a seat, pour yourself your favourite beverage and have a read of some of our reviews. We cover Science Fiction, Fantasy and Paranormal and have something for everyone.

If you are an author you can also submit your book for review or request a guest poster spot.

We hope you enjoy your visit.