Tuesday 5 March 2013

Why Free E-book Readers Shouldn’t be Feared by Authors Excerpt

A second guest post done by me today:

A few months ago I read an article about the cheapestE-reader to enter the market. At the time many articles were flying around like this, and the news was strife on author facebook groups. What astonished me was the sheer number of authors opposed to this. I for one welcome the idea for consumers to gain access to free e-readers. For those who think I am crazy I implore those of you to keep reading in order to see why I am suggesting this.

We all know that there are three styles of books; hardcover, paperback or digital. Hardbacks are the most expensive ((AU)$30) while digital are generally the cheapest((AU)$15). However a kindle can be a significant investment at about (AU)$119. I’ve heard of some people complain that a kindle can only last about a year, however I’ll assume that it lasts for about 2 years. That means without buying any books, an e-reader costs approximately (AU)$60 a year; the value of two to three physical books.

Full article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The Indie Ebook Review Site

Hello and welcome to the Indie Ebook Review Site.

Please take a seat, pour yourself your favourite beverage and have a read of some of our reviews. We cover Science Fiction, Fantasy and Paranormal and have something for everyone.

If you are an author you can also submit your book for review or request a guest poster spot.

We hope you enjoy your visit.